Choose an answer from the
three choices and True/False offered after each question and then "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Where was Clayton Moore born?
- New York City
- Chicago, Illinois
- Los Angles, California
2. What was the 1937 film where he played a cowboy in an
- Forlorn River
- Bend in the River
- The River Down Home
3. What was the movie serial that Clayton was the star
that lead to his becoming the Lone Ranger?
- Ghost of Zorro
- Adventures of Frank and Jesse James
- Marshal of Amarillo
4. Moore then faced the challenge of training his voice
to sound like the radio version of The Lone Ranger, which
had then been on the air since 1933, and succeeded in
lowering his already distinctive baritone even further.
5. Who became his co-star in TVs, The Lone Ranger?
- Mickey Simpson
- Harry Harvey
- Jay Silverheels
6. The Lone Ranger soon became the highest-rated program
to that point on the fledgling ABC network and its first
true "hit", earning an Emmy nomination in 1950.
7. Moore left the Lone Ranger series over a pay dispute.
He wanted more money. Who replaced Moore in the role?
- John Hart
- William Boyd
- Kevin Manrider
8. The public demanded the return of Moore in the role.
He was rehired at the same salary as before?
9. In 1979, the owner of the Ranger character obtained a
court order prohibiting Moore from making future appearances
as The Lone Ranger. Who owned the character?
- Jack Wrather
- Jack Warner
- Jack Owens
10. 1990 What year was he inducted into the Western
Performers Hall of Fame at the National Cowboy & Western
Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
is Clayton Moore Buried?