Choose an answer from the
three choices and True/False offered after each question and then "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Silverheels began working in motion pictures in 1937. During
the early years of his screen career, appeared in low-budget
features, westerns, and serials. What was the name he used?
- Harry Smith
- Iron Eyes Cody
- Chief Matawan
2. Of the near 200 joint ventures Silverheels made with
Clayton Moore, the actors co-starred in just 4 features
where they did NOT play Tonto and The Lone Ranger: Perils of
Nyoka (1942), The Cowboy and the Indians (1949), Cyclone
Fury (1951) and The Black Dakotas (1954).
3. What was the 1948 film that he played Tom Osceola in
an uncredited part?
- Singin' Spurs
- Key Largo
- Fury at Furnace Creek
4. In Walk the Proud Land (1956), who did he play?
5. In the early 1960s, Silverheels helped to establish
the Indian Actors Workshop in Echo Park, California as a
place where Native American actors could develop their
acting skills. The workshop is still active.
6. In Broken Arrow (1950), who did he play?
7. Among his later appearances were an episode of
Brady Bunch, as a Native chief who befriends the Bradys
in the Grand Canyon.
8. As Tonto, what was the name of his horse?
9. In 1938 Silverheels faught in the middleweight section
of the Golden Gloves tournament. What did he place?
10. What year was he inducted into the Hall of Great
Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western
is Jay Silverheels Buried?