What do you know about
"Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Take 2 points for each right answer.
Maximum this page: 24 points!
Where was Devine born on October 7, 1905?
2) Devine was an able athlete as a student and actually played
semi-pro football under a phony name (Jeremiah Schwartz, often
erroneously presumed to be his real name).
3) What was the 1926 film he played a student in various episodes? He
4) In 1947, he became the sidekick for Roy Rogers as Cookie Bullfincher.
What is the name of this film he begins with Roy
Belle Starr's Daughter
Bells of San Angelo
Buffalo Bill Rides Again
5) He has a role in the 1939 classic Stagecoach. He plays the
What does Buck do in the movie?
The stagecoach driver
6) In 1962, he appears in this film with John Wayne. He plays Marshal
What is the movie?
Ride the High Country
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
How the West Was Won
7) Another John Ford production is Two Rode Together. Andy
plays Sgt. Darius P. Posey.
Who is NOT a cast member?
8) Devine performed voice parts in animated films.
He was the voice
of what character in Disney's Robin Hood?
9) What was the 1968 film that Devin
played Sheriff Estep?
Road to No Where
The Road Hustlers
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
10) In Andy's Gang, to get the frog to appear Andy and the audience
would have to scream "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". There
would then be a big puff of smoke and the frog would appear.
11) On February 18, 1977 (age 71),
Devine died in Orange, California.
the cause of death?
12) Where is Andy Devine buried?
Cremated, ashes with family or friends
Forest Lawn (Hollywood Hills) Cemetery, Los Angeles, California
Forest Lawn Cemetery, Glendale, California