TV Westerns Trivia
The Rounders, Sara, Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, Shane, Sheriff of Cochise,
Shotgun Slade, Stagecoach West, Stoney Burke, Tales of The Texas Rangers,
and 26 Men
Choose an answer from the
four choices offered after each question and then "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. This is a short 17 episode Western from the 1966
season. The show starred Ron Hays, Chill Wills and Patrick
Wayne. The show was based on a movie Western. Who was NOT a
star in the movie version?
- A. Glenn Ford
- B. Henry Fonda
- C. Chill Wills
- D. Bob Denver
2. This 13 episode Western had a lead character named Sara
Yarnell. She taught school in Independence, Colorado. Who
- A. Brenda Vaccaro
- B. Julia Bailey
- C. Martha Higgins
- D. Alice Stratton
Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
3. The series cover 79 episodes from September 1955 to
September 1958. It was the story of Sergeant Preston of the
Northwest Mounties, his horse Rex and his dog King. During The
Gold Rush, Sergeant Preston always got his man. Richard
Simmons played Sergeant Preston. Where did they film the
- A. Vancouver, British Columbia
- B. Lake Huron, Canada
- C. Mammoth Lake and Big Bear, California
- D. Denver, Colorado
4. Did you ever own a piece property in the Yukon?
5. Shane lasted only 17 episodes in 1966. Who played Shane
on the TV series?
- A. Tom Tully
- B. Bert Freed
- C. Tom Starett
- D. David Carradine
Sheriff of Cochise
6. This modern Western takes place in Cochise County,
Arizona. Sheriff Frank Morgan was the top county lawman. The
show ran two years from 1956 to 1958. Who created the series?
- A. John Bromfield
- B. Christopher Shea
- C. Rex Allen
- D. Stan Jones
7. After serving the people of Cochise Country, Sheriff
Frank Morgan became Marshall. Who played Frank Morgan in both
�The Sheriff of Chochise Country� and �U.S. Marshal�?
- A. Richard Webb
- B. James Griffith
- C. John Bromfield
- D. Charles Bateman
8. The Western series from 1959-1961 on CBS-TV. Who played
the lead role?
- A. Kirby Grant
- B. Scott Brady
- C. Ron Hagerty
- D. Ewing Mitchell
9. This Western aired one season on ABC-TV. The series
starred Wayne Rogers, Robert Bray and Richard Eyer. Wayne
Rogers would star in another TV series. What was the TV
- A. M.A.S.H.
- B. State Trooper
- C. The Way West
- D. Angel from Heaven
10. This rodeo Western last one season. Who was NOT in the
- A. Jack Lord
- B. Bruce Dern
- C. Warren Oates
- D. Douglas Kennedy
Tales of The Texas Rangers
11. This 1955-1959 series was based on the radio show of
the same name. Willard Parker played Ranger Jace Pearson and
Harry Lauter played Ranger Clay Morgan. The show alter between
old time Texas Rangers and modern day Texas Rangers. Who
played Jace Pearson on the radio series?
- A. Willard Parker
- B. Leslie Nielsen
- C. Joel McCrea
- D. Randolph Scott
12. This was the story of the famous Arizona Rangers. With
only 26 rangers, they rode Arizona keeping law and order.
During 1957 and 1958, there were 78 half-hour episodes filmed.
Tris Coffin starred as Captain Tom Rynning. What famous movie
Western hero produced the series?
- A. William Boyd
- B. Gene Autry
- C. Roy Rogers
- D. Russell Hayden