The Virginian is a
western-themed television series which aired on NBC from 1962 to 1971
for a total of 249 episodes. It was the first western to air in
90-minute installments each week (75 minutes excluding commercial
breaks). It was loosely based on the Owen Wister novel.
What do you know about the TV
series The Virginian.
Try this Western TV Trivia quiz.
You'll find the
answers at the bottom of the page.
1) The series revolved around a foreman, played by
James Drury, who went by the name The Virginian; his real name
was revealed in the ninth season the show was on the air.
2) In the TV series "Decision", James
Drury played The Virginian (1 episode, 1958).
3) The series took place in Medicine Bow, Wyoming,
and revolved around The Virginian's quest to maintain an orderly
lifestyle for the ranch he worked on.
What was the of the ranch?
Box H Ranch
Circle G Ranch
4) Who played Trampas?
5) In season 1 to 4, who played Judge Henry Garth?
Lee J. Cobb
6) Roberta Shore, as Betsy, was the daughter of
Judge Henry Garth during season 1 to 4.
7) During the ninth and final season, Colonel Alan MacKenzie takes over the ranch.
Who played MacKenzie?
8) Who played Tate in season 9?
9) Betsy the daughter of
Judge Garth, is actually adopted, a fact only ever mentioned in the
second episode of the show.
10) The theme song was titled "Lonesome
Who wrote the song?