What do you know about The Deputy? Try this Alan�s
TV Westerns Trivia quiz. You�ll find the answers at the bottom of the
1) The Deputy is a 1959-1961 half-hour NBC western series
featuring Henry Fonda. What was Fonda's character?
- Marshal Simon Fry
- Marshal Wyatt Earp
- Marshal Chris Ryder
2) Who played Deputy Clay McCord?
- Allen Case
- Ron Hayes
- Gregg Palmer
3) Along with Roland Kibbee, who created the series?
- Ben Avery
- Norman Lear
- Michael Wallis
4) The first show aired September 12, 1959. What was the episode's
- Badge for a Day
- Homeward Bound
- Tin Star
5) In the episode Bound for Glory: Clay McCord and Herb Lamson
go after a trio of scoundrels who killed a man and kidnapped a woman.
They find the trio holed up in a cabin with their hostage. One of the
three has been fatally injured and the lawmen soon figure out a way to
arrest the other two.
6) In the episode The Johnny Shanks Story: Peter Fonda played
7) In the 1st season, episode 21 was titled The Return of Simon
Fry. In the episode, who played the character Vic Rufus?
- Stacy Keach Sr.
- Hugh Sanders
- Jake Carter
8) In the episode The Border Between: Compelled by a wealthy
landowner to rescue his kidnapped daughter, Clay McCord gets a job in
the mine owned by Evan Sloate, the girl's kidnapper. At first the girl
resists being rescued, saying that Sloate is her husband, and then
Sloate catches on to McCord's plan. He gives McCord a whipping and
orders him off his property but McCord returns for another try at
rescue. When did the episode first air?
- March 6, 1960
- March 12, 1960
- April 12, 1960
9) In the episode The Hard Decision: A hardened criminal plots
to rescue his younger brother from hanging by abducting Deputy Clay
McCord and holding him as a hostage to exchange for his sibling's
release. Who played Sgt. Hapgood Tasker?
- Read Morgan
- Marc Lawrence
- Alvy Burke
10) Fonda narrated most episodes and appeared briefly at the
beginnings and ends. Usually he would give his deputy the assignment
then more or less thank him afterward at the episode's conclusion. He
played in only six episodes in the first season. How may episodes did he
appear in during the second season?