Chocolate Fruit Bars
Makes 36 bars
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 30 min.
- 2 - cups (about 60 wafers) vanilla
- 1/2 - cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 3 - Tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 - cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 - cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 - cup candied green cherries,
- 1/2 - cup candied red cherries, halved
- 1/2 - cup chopped dates
- 1 - can (14 ounces) sweetened
condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 3/4 - cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Stir together crumbs, cocoa and sugar
in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or
fork until crumbly. Press evenly on bottom and 1/2 inch up
sides of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle peanut butter chips, cherries
and dates over crust.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly
over fruit. Sprinkle pecans on top; press down
lightly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges
of filling are lightly browned and center is bubbly.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover with foil and let stand at room
temperature 6 to 8 hours. Cut into bars and store covered at