Chewy Chocolate Almond Bars
about 36 bars
Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time: 35 min.
- 1 - cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 1-3/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - cup SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or Cocoa
- 1-1/3 - cups (8-ounces package) Milk Chocolate
- 3/4 - cup light corn syrup
- 1 - cup sliced almonds, divided
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease sides of
13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until thoroughly
- Stir together flour and cocoa; beat into butter
- Press dough evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are
- Meanwhile, combine toffee bits and corn syrup in
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
toffee is melted (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in 3/4 cup almonds. Spread toffee mixture to
within 1/4-inch of edges of crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into
Page 1 of 1