Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie Bars
about 3 dozen bars
Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time: 45 min.
- 2-2/3 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 - cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 - cup (2 sticks) cold butter or margarine
- 4 - eggs
- 1 - cup light corn syrup
- 4 - bars (4-ounces) Unsweetened Baking Chocolate,
unwrapped and melted
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - cups coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch
- Stir together flour and 1/4 cup brown sugar in
- With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Remove from
- With back of spoon, lightly press crust into
corners and against sides of pan.
- Beat eggs, corn syrup, remaining 1 cup brown
sugar, melted chocolate, vanilla and salt; stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture evenly over warm crust. Return to
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until chocolate filling
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into
Page 1 of 1