Chocolate Streusel Bars
about 36 bars
Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time: 40 min.
- 1-3/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - cup sugar
- 1/4 - cup Cocoa
- 1/2 - cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 - egg
- 1 - can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 - cups (12-ounces package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and mix
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium microwave-safe bowl, place
sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup chocolate chips; stir.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chips are
melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Pour over crust.
- Add nuts and remaining chips to reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle
- Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Page 1 of 1