All-Chocolate Boston Cream Pie Cake
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 35 min.
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1 - cup sugar
- 1/3 - cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 6 - Tablespoons butter or margarine,
- 1 - cup milk
- 1 - egg
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE FILLING (recipe below)
- SATINY CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour
one 9-inch round baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and
baking soda in large bowl.
- Add butter, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed of mixer until all
ingredients are moistened.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes and pour
batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire
rack and cool completely.
- Prepare CHOCOLATE FILLING and cut cake
into two thin layers.
- Place one layer on serving plate and
spread filling over layer. Top with remaining layer.
- Prepare SATINY CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Pour onto top of cake, allowing some to
drizzle down sides.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover cake.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups (1-1/2 pint) light cream
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together sugar, cocoa and
cornstarch in medium saucepan and gradually stir in light cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly;
remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto surface
and cool completely.
- 2 - Tablespoons water
- 1 - Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 - Tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 - Tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3/4 - cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat water, butter and corn syrup in
small saucepan to boiling. Remove from heat; immediately stir in
- With whisk, gradually beat in powdered
sugar and vanilla until smooth; cool slightly.