Rhubarb Cookie Cake
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking time: 40 min.
- Crust Ingredients
- 1/2 - cup Butter
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 - cup sugar
- Filling Ingredients
- 2 - cups sliced fresh rhubarb*
- 2/3 - cup sugar
- 1/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 - eggs
- 1/4 - cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Topping Ingredients
- 1 - cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 - Tablespoons firmly packed brown
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, you want to melt
your butter over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4
minutes or until butter just begins to turn golden brown.
- Quickly remove from heat. Add 1 cup
flour and 1/3 cup sugar
- Mix well and press firmly into bottom of
ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, you will combine
rhubarb, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder and ginger.
- Beat in eggs with wooden spoon until
smooth and pour over crust. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top
is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- In a small mixing bowl, you will combine
whipping cream and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in small bowl.
- Beat at high speed until soft peaks
- Dollop each serving with sweetened
*Substitute 2 cups frozen rhubarb, thawed
and patted dry with paper towels.