Easy Upside Down Cake
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 40 min.
- 1 - can (20 ounces) Pineapple Slices
- 1/4 - cup butter or margarine,
- 2/3 - cup packed brown sugar
- 10 - maraschino cherries
- 1 - package (18.25 ounces) yellow or
pineapple-flavored cake mix
Preheat oven to 350 Fļ.
- Drain pineapple slices and reserve 3/4
- In a 12-inch skillet with heat-proof
handle, you want to stir together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Arrange pineapple slices in sugar
- Place cherry in center of each pineapple
Prepare cake mix according to package
directions, replacing some of the water with reserved 3/4 cup juice that
is needed to prepare the batter.
- Pour batter evenly over pineapple.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until
toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Loosen edges and invert
onto serving platter.
Alanís Kitchen Tip:
Cake can be baked in 13x9-inch baking pan instead of skillet. Prepare and
assemble cake as above except cut two pineapple slices in half and place
whole slices along edges of pan and halved slices in center. Place
cherries in center of slices. Bake and cool as above.