Randolph’s Costmary Pound Cake
Tanacetum balsamita is a perennial
temperate herb known as Costmary, Alecost or Balsam herb.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr.
- 8 - large Costmary leaves,
- 4 - cups flour, sifted
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 4 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 - cups butter
- 3 - cups sugar
- 8 - eggs
- 1 - cup milk
- 2 - teaspoons
Preheat oven to 325° F. Line 2
(4-1/2x8-inch) loaf pans with wax paper. Place 4 Costmary leaves
on the bottom of each pan.
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour,
salt, and baking powder together.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream
butter and sugar.
- To the creamed butter, add eggs
1 at a time and keeping mixing.
- Add flour mixture, alternating
with milk and vanilla.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour batter into pans over the
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pans and discard