Apple Pudding Cake
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 - cups brown sugar (firmly pack
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 2 -Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - large Granny Smith apple (peeled
- 1 - cup hot apple cider
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly
grease 9x1-3/4 round cake pan.
- You want to combine 3/4-cup brown
sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together milk,
oil, and vanilla. Add to sugar mixture, stirring until
blended. Stir in apple.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4-cup brown
- Pour hot apple cider slower over
batter. (Do not stir.)
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a
cake layer forms on top.
- Cool slightly and serve with ice