Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese
Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 40 min
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 2 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 - cups butter (softened)
- 3 - eggs
- 2/3 - cup milk
- 3 - carrots (grated)
- 1/2 - cup walnuts (chopped
Cheese Icing (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, you want to
sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat
together until granulated sugar and 2/3-cup butter on medium speed
until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating
well after each addition.
- On low speed, alternatively
beat flour mixture and milk into butter mixture.
- Stir in carrots and walnuts.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake
for 40 minutes or until cake top springs back when lightly
touched and a toothpick inserted in center comes our clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to
cool for 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting.
- 1/2 - cup butter (softened)
- 4 - ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 - cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 - Tablespoons light brown
- In a medium bowl, beat together
butter and cream cheeses on medium speed until completely
- Beat in confectioners sugar
and vanilla until well blended.
- Mix together nuts and brown
- Place cake on a serving platter.
- Spread icing over top and
- Sprinkle nut mixture over top.