Carrot Walnut Cake
Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 35 min
- 3 - cups all-purpose flour
- 2 - cups sugar
- 2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 - eggs
- 1 - cup oil
- 2 - large carrots (grated)
- 1/2 cup black walnuts
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla
Cheese Icing (recipe below), if desired
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour,
sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Fold
and stir thoroughly by hand.
- In a smaller bowl, mix eggs, oil,
carrots, walnuts, and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Make a well in dry ingredients
and combine contents o f the two bowls. Beat my hand until
- Pour into both round pans.
Bake for 35 minutes.
- Ice with Cream Cheese Icing, if
- 1/2 - cup butter (softened)
- 4 - ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 - cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 - Tablespoons light brown
- In a medium bowl, beat together
butter and cream cheeses on medium speed until completely
- Beat in confectioners sugar
and vanilla until well blended.
- Mix together nuts and brown
- Place cake on a serving platter.
- Spread icing over top and
- Sprinkle nut mixture over top.