Banana Apple Betty
Makes 8 serving
Prep time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 35 min.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 - cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 - cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 - cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon,
- 2 - firm large bananas, sliced
- 2 - tart green apples, peeled,
- 1/4 - cup orange juice
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 - Tablespoon margarine, cut in
- Frozen non-dairy whipped
topping, thawed (garnish)
Preheat oven to 375� F. Spray
9-inch cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- You need to stir together bread
crumbs, sugars and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl and
- In medium bowl, add the bananas,
apples, orange juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and
- Next, into bottom of your cake
pan, sprinkle 2 tablespoons crumb mixture. Evenly spread fruit
mixture over crumbs. Dot margarine over fruit. Sprinkle
remaining crumb mixture evenly over fruit.
- Put in oven and bake for 30 to
35 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly. Serve
warm with topping.
Page 1 of 1