Tres Leches Cake
Prep Time: 25 min
Baking Time: 36 min
Chilling Time: Overnight
- Flour No-Stick Spray
- 5 - large eggs, at room temperature,
- 1 - cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 - cup milk
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 - cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1 - can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 - can (5 oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 - pint whipping cream (1 cup),
- 2 - Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Maraschino cherries, if desired
Preheat oven to 350�F. Spray a 9-inch
springform pan with the no-stick cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and 3/4
cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until
- Blend in milk, vanilla, flour and baking
powder. Wash Beaters.
- In a small mixer bowl, whip egg whites on
medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar,
beating until firm but not dry.
- Gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 34 to 36 minutes or until a
toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10
- Loosen edge of cake with a knife before
removing cake from pan.
- Invert cake onto deep serving plate.
Using a two-pronged meat fork or skewer, pierce surface of
cake several dozen times.
- In a small bowl, blend sweetened
condensed and evaporated milks.
- Slowly pour over cake allowing it to be
absorbed before adding more. Repeat until all the milk
- Cover cake and refrigerate overnight.
- Chill beaters and small mixing bowl in
refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in
small bowl at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cooled cake. Decorate with
cherries, if desired.
- Store loosely covered cake in
Page 1 of 1