Prep Time: 30 min
Chilling Time: 4 hrs
- 2 - Tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 - cup hot water
- 2 - packages (3-ounce) ladyfingers (24),
cut crosswise into quarters
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed
Milk (NOT evaporated milk), divided
- 8 - ounces mascarpone or cream cheese,
- 2 - cups (1 pint) whipping cream
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - cup (6 ounces) miniature semi-sweet
- Grated semi-sweet chocolate and
- Dissolve coffee crystals in water and set
aside 1 tablespoon of the coffee mixture.
- Brush remaining coffee mixture on cut
sides of ladyfingers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with mixer, gradually
beat 3/4 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk into mascarpone.
- Add 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, vanilla
and reserved coffee mixture.
- Beat until soft peaks form. Fold in half
of the chips.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining chips
with remaining Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Using 8 tall dessert glasses or parfait
glasses, layer mascarpone mixture, chocolate mixture and
ladyfinger pieces, beginning and ending with mascarpone
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- To serve, with mixer beat remaining
whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream over layered dessert.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and
strawberries if desired.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Page 1 of 1