Tex-Mex Sheet Cake
one (15x10) inch cake
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 15 min
- 1 1/4 - cups margarine or butter
- 1/2 - cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 - Tablespoons instant coffee, divided
- 1 - cup water
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 - cups firmly packed light brown
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Condensed Milk (NOT
evaporated milk), divided
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 - cup toasted slivered almonds or
Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease 15x10-inch
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup butter.
Stir in 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 tablespoon coffee, then water.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown
sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add cocoa mixture; mix
- Stir in 1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk,
eggs and vanilla. Pour into sheet pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cake springs
back when lightly touched.
- In small saucepan, melt remaining 1/4 cup
butter; stir in remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 tablespoon
- Add remaining Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and nuts.
Spread on warm cake.
- Store leftovers covered at room
Page 1 of 1