Strawberry Tunnel Cream Cake
Makes one 10-inch cake
Prep Time: 20 min
Chilling Time: 3 hrs
- 1 - (10-inch) prepared angel food cake
- 2 - packages (3-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated
- 1/3 - cup lemon juice
- 1 - teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 - drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 - cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 - container (12-ounce) frozen non-dairy whipped topping,
- Additional fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Invert angel food cake onto serving plate. Cut 1-inch slice crosswise
from top of cake and set aside.
- With sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole
and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1 inch thick.
- Remove cake from center, leaving 1-inch base on bottom of
- Tear cake removed from center into bite-size pieces and
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
Gradually add Sweetened Condensed Milk� beat until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice, almond extract and food coloring
(optional). Mix well.
- Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Fill cavity of cake with strawberry mixture and replace top
slice of cake.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping.
- Chill 3 hours or until set. Garnish cake with additional
- Store in refrigerator.
Page 1 of 1