Dairy Country Chocolate Sheet Cake
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 9 to 12 min.
Time: 20 to 22 min.
Cake Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. and grease a 15x10x1-inch
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, combine 1 cup butter, water and 1/4
cup cocoa. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
mixture comes to a boil (6 to 7 minutes).
2) Remove pan from heat. Add flour, sugar and salt; mix
3) Add sour cream, eggs and baking soda; beat until smooth.
4) Spread batter into prepared 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
5) Place pan in oven and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until
toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6) Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/4
cup cocoa and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 4 minutes). Remove from heat.
7) Add powdered sugar; beat until well mixed. Stir in pecans
8) Spread over warm cake.