Black Magic Cake
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: round pans - 30 to 35
min. or rectangle pan 35 to 40 min.
Cake Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. and grease and flour two
9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
1) In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking
soda, baking powder and salt. 2) Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil
and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes (Batter will
3) Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
4) Place baking pans in oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes for
round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5) Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans to wire racks.
6) Cool completely. Frost as desired.
* To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to
equal 1 cup.