- Almond Fudge Cake
- extra-ripe, medium bananas, divided
- cup sugar
- cup butter, softened
- Tablespoon amaretto liqueur or 1 tsp. almond extract
- cup all-purpose flour
- cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- cup chopped almonds, toasted and ground
- square (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 10-inch bundt pan.
- Quarter bananas and place in blender or food
processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and butter.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and liqueur. Beat.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder,
soda, salt and almonds. Stir.
- Stir in flour mixture to sugar mixture,
alternate with 1-1/2 cups blended bananas, beginning and ending with
flour mixture. Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake at, 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean and cake pulls away from sides of
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan to wire rack to cool
- In a small bowl, add the remaining blended
bananas with melted chocolate.
- Stir until completely blended.
- Drizzle glaze over top and down sides of cake.