Cream Cheese-Raspberry Coffee Cake
Makes 12 servings.
This tasty cake, based on crescent rolls, features a sweet filling full
with fresh raspberries.
- 2 - cans (8-ounces) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 - teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 - cup sugar
2 - teaspoons orange peel, grated
1 - teaspoon vanilla
1 - egg
1 - pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 - cup powdered sugar
1 - Tablespoon butter, softened
2 - teaspoon orange juice
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray large cookie sheet or 14-inch pizza pan
with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. Keep 4 triangles
- On cookie sheet, place 12 triangles in circle with points
toward center, leaving 3-inch hole in center.
- Press dough to form 14-inch
ring; press seams together to seal.
- Fold outer and center edges up
- To make the filling, in a medium bowl, add the filling cream cheese,
sugar, orange peel, vanilla, and egg. Mix well.
- Then, gently stir in
raspberries. (Mixture will be thin.)
- Spoon filling mixture over dough.
- With scissors or pizza cutter, cut each kept back triangle lengthwise
- You want to place 1-teaspoon sugar on work surface.
each dough strip into sugar.
- Arrange sugared dough strips, sugar side up,
evenly in spoke-fashion over filling.
- Press ends to seal at center and
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10
To prepare the glaze:
- In a small bowl, add the powdered sugar, butter
and orange juice.
- Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Drizzle over coffee cake.