- 1 - cup water
1 - cup butter
1/2 - cup cocoa
2 - cups sugar
1-3/4 - cups all-purpose flour
1 - teaspoon baking soda
1/2 - teaspoon salt
3 - eggs
3/4 - cup dairy sour cream
Peanut Butter Chip Frosting
- 1/3 - cup butter
1/3 - cup milk
1-2/3 - cups (10-ounce package) Peanut Butter Chips
1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
1 - cup powdered sugar
Chocolate Garnish (Optional)
- 1/2 - cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 - teaspoon shortening
Heat oven to 350�F. Grease and flour 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll
- In a medium saucepan, add water, butter and cocoa.
- On medium heat, cook
until mixture boils, stir occasionally.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from
heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt in large
- Next, add eggs and sour cream.
- Beat until blended.
- Finally, add
- Beat just until blended (batter will be thin).
- Pour into
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Make the frosting: in a saucepan, add the butter, milk and peanut
- Over low heat, cook until you melt chips and mixture is
smooth, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- In medium
bowl, place powdered sugar.
- Gradually add chip mixture, beating until well
- Spread Peanut Butter Chip Frosting over top of cake.
- Drizzle Chocolate Garnish over top, if desired.
- To make garnish: In
small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1
teaspoon shortening (not butter, margarine, spread or oil).
- Microwave at
HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is