Easy Homemade Caramel Cheesecake
Makes 12 to 16 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Refrigerator Time: 2 hrs.
- 1 - package Home-Style Chocolate Chip
- 1 - teaspoon water
- 6 - Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 14 - ounces caramels
- 5 - ounces evaporated milk
- 1 - cup chopped pecans
- 16 - ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 - cup sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 - large eggs
- 3/4 - cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 - cup sweetened whipped cream
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 10-inch
- For crust, combine cookie mix, butter,
and water in large bowl.
- Stir with fork until thoroughly
blended. Press on bottom and 1-inch up sides of ungreased 9-inch
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes or
until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- For caramel layer, place caramels and
milk in medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until caramels
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cool while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese,
sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric
mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after
- Pour caramel mixture onto baked crust.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Pour filling over chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes or
- Loosen cake from sides of pan with
knife or spatula.
- Cool completely on rack. Remove sides
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream
just before serving.