Crunchy Streusel Coffee Cake
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 - cups corn flakes
- 1/2 - cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 - Tablespoons butter or
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/3 - cup butter or
- 1/2 - cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 - cup Egg BeatersŪ Egg
Product, or 1 large egg
- 1/3 - cup light sour cream
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cereal,
walnuts, cinnamon, and melted butter or margarine. Set
- In a small bowl, combine flour,
baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine softened
butter or margarine and sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat
margarine mixture on medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in egg until blended.
- Reduce to low speed, add sour
cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Alternately add milk and flour
mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking
pan; sprinkle with cereal mixture, pressing gently into batter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Page 1 of 1