Easy Homemade NILLA Streusel
Makes 20 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 55 min
- 50 - NILLA Wafers, divided
- 1-1/2 - cups flour
- 1 - teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - cup (1/2 stick) butter or
- 1-1/2 - cups granulated sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - cup Sour Cream
- 2 - Tablespoon butter or
- 1/2 - cup coarsely chopped Pecans
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease
12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Coarsely chop 20 of the wafers and
set aside for later use.
- Finely crush remaining 30 wafers
and place in medium bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and
baking soda; mix well. Set aside.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter and the sugar
in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and
- Blend in vanilla and Add eggs, 1
at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternately with
the sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Microwave 2-Tablespoons butter in
medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec. or until melted.
- Add the reserved chopped wafers
along with the pecans and cinnamon and mix well.
- Spoon half of the cake batter into
greased 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan; top with half
of the pecan mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake 45 to 55 min. or until
toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 min. in pan on wire rack.
- Loosen cake from side of pan with
spatula or knife.
- Invert cake onto wire rack and
gently remove pan.
- Cool completely.
- Invert cake onto serving platter,
streusel-side up, to serve.
Page 1 of 1