Buche De Noel Cookies
2-1/2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 min
Chilling Time: 2 hrs
Baking Time: 9 min
- 2/3 cup butter or
teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mocha Frosting (see recipe
Powdered sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar
until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda
- Gradually add to butter mixture,
beating until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate dough 1 to 2
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape heaping teaspoons of dough into
log shape, each about 2-1/2 inches long and 3/4 inches in
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie
sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Frost with MOCHA FROSTING. Using tines
of fork, draw lines through frosting to represent tree
- Lightly sift with powdered sugar, if
Makes about 1-2/3 cups frosting
6 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milks
2 teaspoons powdered instant espresso dissolved in 1-
teaspoon hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter in medium bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and coca alternately
with milk, dissolved espresso and vanilla, beating to
Page 1 of 1