Prep Time: 20 min
Chilling Time: 2 hrs
Baking Time: 9 min
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 cup
butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon cream of tartar
container Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
Assorted candies, if desired
- In large bowl, mix powdered sugar,
butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°F. and lightly
grease cookie sheet with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly
floured surface, roll each half 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut with 4 1/2-inch turkey-or
hand-shaped cookie cutter and place 1-inch apart on
ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are
light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie
sheets to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Frost and decorate with candies as
Page 1 of 1