Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Cookies
about 5 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 min
Baking Time: 12 min
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins or chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Preheat oven to 350°F. and lightly
grease cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and
- In a large mixer bowl, beat shortening
and brown sugar until well blended.
- Add egg, water, and vanilla. Beat Well.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into
- Stir in oats, raisins (or apricots),
- Using a teaspoon, drop dough onto
prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack
and cool completely.
Page 1 of 1