about 1-1/2 dozen cookies.
Prep Time: 15 min
Chilling Time: several hours
Baking Time: 12 min
cup chopped Muscat Raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or
- 1/2 cup peanut
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine raisins,
orange juice, orange peel, sugar, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring
frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens
- Cool while making dough.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, peanut
butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, sift flour with baking
powder and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill dough several hours.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured board
to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-inch rounds with cookie
- Place 2-teaspoons of filling in centers
of half the dough rounds.*
- Cut small circles from center of
remaining dough rounds.
- Place on top of raisin-filled rounds.
- Press edges together lightly to seal.
- Placed on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12
minutes or until golden grown.
- Cool on cookie sheets for a few
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
*You might want to use a doughnut
cutter. Simply cut 1/2 of dough with holes and 1/2 without.
Page 1 of 1