Almond Kiss Cookies
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 - cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1-3/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - cup (2 sticks) butter or
- 1-1/2 - cups powdered sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1 to 2 - teaspoons freshly grated
- 1/2 - teaspoon almond extract
- 1 - cup Hershey’s Mini Kisses Brand
- Grind 1/2 cup almonds in food
processor or blender. Stir together flour, ground almonds and baking
soda; set aside.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar in
large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, orange peel and almond
extract; beat on low speed until blended. Add flour mixture; beat on
low speed until blended.
- Shape dough into two logs, about 1-1/2
inches in diameter. (Refrigerate dough about 15 minutes, if necessary,
- Wrap each roll separately in wax paper
or plastic wrap; refrigerate until well chilled, at least two hours.
Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease
- Slice dough into 1/2-inch-thick
slices. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are
- Immediately place 3 chocolates and 3
almond slices on top of each cookie, pressing down lightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Page 1 of 1