These chewy ginger cookies are soft and
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- extra sugar for coating
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease baking
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir in the molasses.
- Combine the baking soda, flour, spices
and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Shape into small balls and roll in
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Do not
- Bake for about 11 minutes.