- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine,
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar,
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. package) Heath Bits
'O Brickle Almond Toffee Bits
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat butter, shortening and 1 cup
sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs; beat thoroughly.
- Stir together flour, cream of tartar,
baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until
well blended. Stir in toffee bits.
- Stir together remaining 3 tablespoons
sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls;
roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until
lightly browned around edges.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie
sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.