Black Bottom Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 25 to 30 min.
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 - cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - cup water
- 1/3 - cup vegetable oil
- 1 - Tablespoon white vinegar
- Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 - ounces cream cheese, at room
- 1 - egg
- 1/3 - cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 - cup (6 ounces) semisweet
Heat oven to 350�F. Line 18 muffin
pans with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl stir together
flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Pour in water, oil and vinegar;
mix until blended. (Batter may have a few lumps.)
- In a separate bowl beat cream
cheese until smooth.
- Beat in egg and sugar, then stir
in chocolate chips.
- Scoop chocolate batter into
prepared muffin pans, dividing evenly.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of
cream cheese mixture onto center of batter in each pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until pick
inserted in dark part comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes 10 minutes in
pans, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Page 1 of 1