Spicy Carrot Cupcakes
These moist, carrot cupcakes are sparked with carrots and raisins and
sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Prep time: 20 min
Baking time: 20 min
- 2 1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - cup sugar
- 3/4 - cup butter, melted
- 1 - cup milk
- 3 - eggs
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 - teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 - medium (1 1/2 cups) carrots, shredded
- 1/2 - cup raisins
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350�F. Line your muffin pans with paper baking
- In a large mixer bowl, you want to add flour, sugar, butter, milk,
eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (2 to
- Add carrots and raisins; mix well.
- Fill each paper-lined muffin cup with about 1/4 cup cupcake
- You want to bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts (1 cupcake):
Calories: 160, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 240mg, Carbohydrates:
22g, Dietary Fiber: <1g, Protein: 3g
Page 1 of 1