Red, White and Blue Chocolate Cupcakes
2-1/2 dozen cupcakes
Prep time: 20 min.
Baking time 25 min.
- 2 - cups sugar
- 1-3/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 - cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons baking soda
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - cup milk
- 1/2 - cup vegetable oil
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - cup boiling water
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING (recipe
- Fresh blueberries and strawberries
Preheat oven to 350�F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in
diameter) with paper bake cups.
- In a large bowl, you want to stir together sugar, flour, cocoa,
baking powder, baking soda and salt .
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric
mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 2/3
full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Frost with VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
- Garnish with blueberries and strawberries.
Makes about 2 cups frosting
- 5 - Tablespoons softened butter or margarine
- 4 - cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 - cup milk and
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat softened butter or margarine until creamy in medium bowl.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract, beating
until of spreading consistency.
Page 1 of 1