Old Time Red Raspberry Pudding
Make 8 servings.
2 - Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 - cups raspberries (reserve a few berries for garnish)
2 - Tablespoons sugar
2 - Tablespoons butter
1 - cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
1/2 - teaspoon salt
5 - Tablespoon butter
2 - cup sugar
1 - egg
1/3 - cup milk
Preheat oven 350° F. and grease and flour 9 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- With the 2 tablespoons flour, dredge the raspberries and place in
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the raspberries.
- Cut up the
2 tablespoons of butter and dot the raspberries.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In an
electric mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg.
- Then add
the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture.
- Slowly stir in the milk.
- Using a spoon, add the batter – do not pour in.
- Place baking pan in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped
cream and a few raspberries as garnish.