- 1 - cup toasted hazelnuts, as many skins removed as
- 2 - cup half & half
- 2 - eggs
- 2 - egg yolks
- 2/3 - cup dark corn syrup
- 2 - Tablespoon Frangelico, or brandy
- 1 - Tablespoon vanilla extract
- dash salt
- In a food processor or blender, process nuts until
- In a small saucepan, heat half & half until
bubbles form around the edge and mixture is quite warm.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks together.
Carefully add about 1/2 cup hot cream mixture, a spoonful at a time, into
eggs to gradually warm them.
- Return eggs to cream in saucepan and continue cooking
over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture forms custard and reaches
160� F. on a candy thermometer.
- Remove saucepan from heat and place in another bowl
of cold or ice water to cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Pour through a strainer into a blender or food
- Add corn syrup, Frangelico, vanilla, and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to freeze.
Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.