16 (1/2-cup) servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 - cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 - cup sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon Butter
Ice Cream Ingredients
- 3 - cups Fat Free Half & Half
- 1-1/2 - cups Sour Cream
- 1 - cup sugar
- 1/4 - cup cherry preserves
- 1 - Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 - cup pitted quartered dark sweet cherries*
- In a heavy saucepan or skillet, add pecans, 1/4
cup sugar and butter .
- Cook over medium-high heat until sugar turns
golden, shaking pan occasionally (4 to 5 minutes). DO NOT STIR.
- Pour onto heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.
- In a large bowl, add sour cream, sugar, cherry
preserves, and vanilla.
- Sir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in pecans and cherries.
Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according
to manufacturer�s directions.
*Substitute 1 (16 1/2-ounce) can sour cherries,