Traditional Peanut Butter Pie
one (9-inch) pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 15 min
- 1/3 - cup peanut butter
- 3/4 - cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 - (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 1 - can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk (NOT
- 4 - eggs, separated
- 1/2 - cup water
- 1 - package (4-serving size) vanilla flavor
pudding mix (NOT instant)
- 1 - container (8-ounce) sour cream, at room
- 1/4 - teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 - Tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, cut peanut butter into
confectioners' sugar until crumbly.
- Sprinkle into pie crust.
- In a large saucepan, mix sweetened condensed
milk, egg yolks, water and pudding mix. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Cool slightly; stir in sour cream. Spoon into
prepared pie crust.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites with cream of
tartar with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time;
beat 4 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved and stiff glossy
- Spread on pie, sealing carefully to edge of crust
to prevent meringue from shrinking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Page 1 of 1