Traditional Mince Pie
one (9-inch) pie
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 1 - jar (27-ounce) Ready-to-Use Mincemeat (Regular or Brandy &
- 1 - egg yolk, plus
- 2 - Tablespoons water (optional)
Place rack in lowest position in oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare pastry. Turn mincemeat into pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover with top crust and cut slits near center. Seal and flute.
- Brush egg mixture over crust (optional).
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly. Garnish as desired.
* To use Condensed Mincemeat: Prepare pastry for 2 crust (9- or
10-inch) pie. In saucepan, combine 2 (9-oz.) packages Condensed Mincemeat,
crumbled, and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute.
Cool. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate. Proceed as above.
Page 1 of 1