- 3/4 - cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
2 - cups sugar
3 - eggs
1-1/2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
4 - bars (4 ounces) unsweetened baking chocolate,
broken into pieces
1 - cup all-purpose flour
1 - cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking
- Place chocolate and butter in large
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2
to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and
mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Add sugar; stir with
spoon until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix
well. Add flour and nuts, if desired; stir until
well blended. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out almost clean.
completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost brownies, if
- Cut into squares.