Prep Time: 15 min.
Chilling Time: 2 hrs.
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 5 min.
- 16 - slices (3/4 inch thick)
French bread (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 - cup basil pesto
- 1/2 - cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 - cup roasted red bell peppers,
(from 12-ounce jar), drained and sliced
- 2 - cups shredded mozzarella
cheese (8 ounces)
- 8 - eggs
- 2 - cups milk
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon pepper
- 2 - Tablespoons freshly shredded
Spray rectangular baking dish,
13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray.
- Spread one side of each bread
slice with pesto.
- Arrange bread, pesto sides up, in
bottom of baking dish, cutting slices to fit if necessary.
- Sprinkle with olives, bell peppers
and mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk,
salt and pepper. Beat until well blended.
- Pour evenly over cheese in dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2
hours but not longer than 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or
until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden
- Let stand 5 minutes before