Bow-Tie Pasta with Beef and Tomatoes
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 2 - cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle)
pasta (5 oz)
- 1 - Tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 - cup frozen bell pepper and onion
stir-fry (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 - lb beef strips for stir-fry or beef
flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 - can (14.5 oz) Italian-style stewed
- 1 - teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, if desired
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, if
Cook and drain pasta as directed on
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil
over medium-high heat.
- Cook frozen stir-fry vegetables in oil 3
minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in beef.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently,
until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently
and breaking up tomatoes slightly with spoon, until mixture is
hot. Stir in pasta.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly,
until pasta is well coated and hot.
- Garnish with basil. Serve with cheese.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): After stirring
in tomatoes, cook 3 to 5 minutes. After stirring in pasta, cook 2
to 4 minutes.
Page 1 of 1