Pork, Chorizo and Tomato Vermicelli
8 servings (about 1 cup each)
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 ounces dry vermicelli or spaghettini, broken into
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork chops, cut into bite-size
- 2-1/2 cups chopped onions
Tablespoon minced garlic
ounces fresh chorizo sausage
cans (14.5 oz each) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes,
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1-Tablespoon of the oil over
medium-high heat until hot.
- Add broken vermicelli. Cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Remove vermicelli from skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Add pork and lightly brown all sides, about 10 minutes.
Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until
onions are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add chorizo; cook 5 minutes or until cooked through and
crumbly, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, paprika, salt and pepper;
bring to a boil.
- Return vermicelli and pork to skillet.
- Cook covered 8 to 10 minutes or until vermicelli is done,
Page 1 of 1