Choose an answer from the three choices and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Marco Polo records the deposition of a Chinese minister of finance
in 1285 for his arbitrary increase of the tea taxes.
2. What is the most common fault when making black tea?
- Too low a temperature
- Too high a temperature
- Too short a brewing time
3. What temperature of water should green tea be brewed with?
- High (212 °F)
- Medium (194 °F to 212 °F)
- Low (176 °F to 185 °F)
4. It is common to brew the same Oolong tea leaves three to five
times, the third steeping usually being the best.
5. Many teas are traditionally drunk with milk. These teas tend to be
very weak varieties which can not be tasted through the milk, such as
Assams, or the East Friesian blend.
6. Other popular additives to tea include sugar or honey, lemon, and
fruit jams. In colder regions such as Mongolia, Tibet and Nepal, what is
a choice additive?
- Maple syrup
- Cranberry Juice
7. In the world’s consumption of drinks, what is the world’s
8. In 1907, an American tea merchant began distributing samples of
his tea in small silk bags with a drawstring. Who was the merchant?
- Hap Arnold
- Tim Norton
- Thomas Sullivan
9. Instant tea was developed in the 1930s. When did it become
10. Black tea stored in a bag inside a sealed opaque canister. How
long may it keep?
- Six months
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 1. True
- 2. Too low a temperature
- 3. Low (176 °F to 185 °F)
- 4. True
- 5. False. The teas should be hearty.
- 6. Butter
- 7. Tea
- 8. Thomas Sullivan
- 9. 1950s
- 10. 2 years
Page 1 of 1